- Stranger Shores writing session. Such a relief to be among people who are writing weird shit too.
- A walk and seeing some sunshine in the distance.
- Sprawled on the couch, under a blanket and Max, reading.
- A trip to Flesherton for take out at the Bicycle Cafe, where I saw this gloriously colourful odd painting. A cat? Maybe.
- Rice pudding made by Keith.
This was going to be a picture of the sun breaking though the clouds on the way home, sending one beam of sun over the snowy fields, just as I was listening to Ross Gay’s Book of Delights.
But this steampunk snowman in the middle of the driveway made me laugh out loud. Much more delightful IMHO.
I was cold and sore and bored, and working myself past discomfort into one of those moods where my mind is nothing but snarls and growls.
I saw this bubble, perfectly balanced on the mouth of a low fill bottle, and I thought, hey look at that, a delight.
Thanks Ren, for the mailed delight!
…all I really need is a colourful cocktail and a hot bubble bath.
I am lucky to have a husband who likes to makes cookies, and uses my mother’s peanut butter cookie recipe.
The work week is over. Even though I cannot wait to get home, there will always be time to pull over and take in the solace offered by the country.
looks good as well as tastes good.
For being in the right place at the right time to see traces of sunshine today.